A nightguard is a precisely fitted mouthpiece for your teeth and bite because it aims to minimize your grinding and clenching efforts. Due to grinding and clenching, people suffer from severe headaches, painful jaws, and other such issues. At Ashraf Dentistry, we believe every oral problem has a solution, and a nightguard is one of them.
A nightguard is a molded plastic piece that can be hard or soft that helps cover the biting surface of the teeth. One can wear it easily at the bottom or the top of the teeth. There are many patients with various issues and patterns of teeth. Therefore, to ensure your mouth guard fits comfortably, we provide onsite night guard printing in Waterloo. Digital images are taken and then processed to be customized according to their teeth type, size, and shape.
Nightguard to Ease Your Oral Discomfort
People endure issues like facial discomfort, insomnia, jaw pains, etc. A nightguard will cover the sensitive nerves and prevent your teeth from touching them. A nightguard will make a huge difference for patients who want to wake up fresh and relaxed. It protects your sensitive teeth and preserves the enamel. Therefore, the nightguard protects the teeth for a longer time. It does take time to correct specific issues but works for everyone.
A nightguard is a custom-fabricated device similar to the retailer. It covers the teeth and acts to protect your teeth from grinding, hitting, and coming into contact with each other. Therefore, you can prevent tooth cracks, gum recession, and tooth movement. Generally, it may take up to two weeks to a month to get used to it, which is average for night guard wearers. Not to worry, the minimal discomfort is short-lived; the long-term benefits are worth the endurance. Check out the many nightguard benefits and how it can make a difference in someone’s life.
Benefits of a nightguard
Many people resort to overnight oral appliances as they are prone to breaking and chipping teeth. However, a nightguard will also assist in the prevention of the following:
- Headaches or chronic headaches can result in bruxism. The constant biting and grinding cause tension in the jaws. A nightguard helps to reduce the headache caused by continuous clenching and grinding.
- Night Guard is a solution to Temporomandibular Joint Disease (TMJ), a condition where the muscle becomes sore and tight. Hence, the joint that connects the jaw and skull experiences dysfunction. Using a night guard can ease your pain due to muscle fatigue.
Benefits of Onsite nightguard printing in Waterloo
Onsite night guard printing has many benefits, including:
- Custom fit, over-the-counter nightguards are not custom-fitted. Therefore, it may create structural issues if worn for an extended period.
- No need to wait for the lab to create your mouthpiece. Nightguards are printed onsite and in-house! Our 3D printer can print your custom-made mouthpiece in a short time period. The printing process takes about an hour or two.
- Files and documents are stored safely during the imaging process; therefore, your mouthpiece can be quickly reprinted in the event your night guard is lost or damaged.
Are you looking for a better, easier night’s rest, tooth damage prevention, TMJ solutions, and headache prevention? No need to wait! Contact Ashraf Dentistry today and ask about our onsite nightguard printing service in Waterloo.